The Co-founder and COS of a technology platform are looking for a cultured, educated, proactive, individual with a great sense of humor to join their small but mighty team of 3! This person will work with them out of the company office, the Co-founder’s home, and remotely as needed.
- Work closely with a sharp, kind, and well-known Bay Area entrepreneur and his Chief of Staff
- Amazing office space; you will be surrounded by lively employees daily
- Catered lunches, snacks, and exposure to cultural benefits
30% ad-hoc projects, 30% scheduling, 10% email, 10% travel, 10% personal/family
- Ad Hoc Projects—both business and personal
- Help the Co-founder with several entrepreneurial initiatives: Startup (most of time), recruiting, mentoring and investing in young and upcoming entrepreneurs from top schools around nation
- Strategic time management and calendaring
- Coordinating cars, meals, and all meeting prep
Board and investor coordination
- Serve as a liaison between Co-rounder and investors
- Manage board meeting agendas and materials
- Provide regular updates to the Board on key business moments and progress against goals
Facilitate Co-founder’s Executive team
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the two
- Provide decision support through research and analysis
- Complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach in order to facilitate the Executive’s ability to focus on top priorities
Email management, including responding on Executive’s behalf
Executive and external communication
- Prepare presentations and materials for internal and external audiences
- Serve as counsel to the Co-founder in prioritizing commitments and filling in for him when appropriate
- Co-founder travels to NYC
- 98% commercial travel but occasionally travels private (looking to travel private in future)
- Interact with household/personal/executive staff for the family
- Help with two children
TOP KEYS FOR CLIENT:
- 3+ years of proven Executive Assistant experience.
- Four year degree strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in finance/venture capital is a plus.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff from household to CEOs to government officials in a fast-paced, changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Must be accessible to work outside of regular business hours.
- Have excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills, handling everything with a high-level professionalism and confidentiality.
- Be meticulous, patient, hardworking, reliable, tenacious, and be a self-starter.
- Have refined taste, discretion, and represent employer well as you will have to make decisions on his behalf and do so quickly and with confidence.
- Experience implementing processes, procedures and technology as well as learning new systems.
- Natural executive presence and comfortable working with senior leaders.
- Excellent relationship building, communication, and influence skills.
- Extreme growth mindset, driven by intense curiosity; open to learning and constantly improving professionally and personally
- Detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities. Ability to create order out of chaos.
- Hyper-organized but also flexible. Outstanding execution skills.
- Emotional intelligence and ability to establish strong and trusting relationships.
Skills that would be great, but are not at all required: accounting or bookkeeping experience, party and event planning, experience working with high-profile individuals, non-profit experience, investment firm experience, maintaining a blog or personal website, knowledge of wines, home decorating or remodeling experience, fluency in languages other than English.
Job ID: INSEARCH18